The BHD Foundation has joined with 46 UK charities, as One Cancer Voice, calling for the government to invest in cancer services. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a backlog of cancer tests and treatment, and not only do we want to restore cancer services but improve them.
We are urging Governments and NHS leaders across the UK to
- Direct resources to clear the cancer backlog as quickly as possible
- Continue to encourage people with signs and symptoms of cancer to seek help from their GP
- Expand the number of staff in key cancer professions
- Drive earlier and faster diagnosis
- Ensure personalised care and support for all
- Strengthen the UK’s medical R&D base to accelerate improvements in cancer outcomes
- Resource high quality end of life care
- Be bolder in measures to prevent cancer
- Reduce inequalities in cancer outcomes
Today we are sharing this message on twitter with the #OneCancerVoice. Together our voices will be heard.
Wherever in the world you are we would be interested in finding out about how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected your cancer care. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are keen to share your experiences.